Select to view content in your preferred language

"Error 003644: Underlying DMS error [ORA-14464: Compression Type not specified]."

08-20-2024 09:20 AM
Labels (3)
Erg
by
Emerging Contributor

Has anyone resolved this issue? "Error 003644: Underlying DMS error [ORA-14464: Compression Type not specified]." 

Erg_0-1724170614011.png

I'm trying to enable attachments to a table through ArcPro 3.2.3. Database version is 10.6.1. I was able to add attachments using ArcPro 2.9.  Any suggestions on why it is not working with ArcPro version 3.2.3?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Erg<

ArcPro 3.2.3. Database version is 10.6.1.

If your Oracle ArcSDE Geodatabase Repository is 10.6.1 then I am sorry, that is too old.

You must upgrade the ArcSDE Repository to support ArcGIS Pro 3.x functionality.

Please read the link below.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/client-geodatabase-compatib....

FAQ: What Oracle Database Versions Are Supported by ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro? (esri.com)

ArcGIS 11.3 and ArcGIS Pro 3.3 requirements for Oracle—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS ...

ORA-14464: Compression Type not specified

ORA-14464 - Database Error Messages (oracle.com)
The ORA-14464 error in Oracle indicates that the compression type was not specified in the COMPRESS clause. This error typically occurs when you attempt to create or modify a table with compression but fail to specify the type of compression to use.

You will need to ask your Oracle Database Administrator to disable Oracle Tablespace Compression.

Please read the details in my blog post below, it talks about Branch Versioning and Oracle Tablespace Compression.

Pro Branch Version & Oracle Table Compression - Esri Community

If this is an Oracle Database in the Cloud and you cannot disable Oracle Tablespace Compression, then please open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate the issue further.

I hope this helps.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |