Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem on Converting Point in GDB To CAD Conversion

08-02-2023 11:50 PM
Labels (2)
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

I have a gdb with point feature class A and a dwg template B with block definition ST_MH_EXT and ST_MH_OTH. ST_MH_EXT is circle while ST_MH_OTH is square. I have added the fields "CadType" and "RefName" to A. Then I set the values of "CadType" to insert and "RefName" to "ST_MH_EXT" / "ST_MH_OTH" respectively.

MatsHardy_1-1691045402488.png

After I run the tool "ExportCAD_conversion", the shape of "ST_MH_EXT" in the result dwg is preserved but "ST_MH_OTH" becomes circle. I would like to ask whether the problem is?

MatsHardy_0-1691045361024.png

3 Replies
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help, but I wants to convert the gdb to dgn rather than dwg. How can I apply the settings to DGN?

0 Kudos
CiciXiao
Esri Contributor

The process is the same for DGN.

1. Open DGN and save your DWG template file as DGN. 

2. You can make the output type as Microstation DGN and attach your dgn file as a seed file when running Export to CAD.  

I tested it out myself. I used a dwg file that has a block definition of 'Hydrants'. In ArcGIS Pro, I have added the fields "CadType" and "RefName" to the point feature class, and set the values to 'Insert' and 'Hydrants' respectively. I save my dwg template file as dgn and use it as my seed file. Then I got my output dgn file below 

CiciXiao_0-1693333872557.png

0 Kudos