Prevent Edit Session Loss in case of disconnect - SQL Server Geodatabase.

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 01:13 PM
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

I ran into an issue today with an Enterprise Geodatabase on SQL Server that I haven't run into before.

It could have something to do with a configuration that I did not implement, but just wanted to make sure.

I had a few users in an edit session, and for some odd reason they all lost Connection to the SQL Server at the same time, I'm having IT look into what happened. I think the Server Restarted randomly.

Unfortunately they all lost the edits that they had made in that session while it got disconnected, it wasn't anything serious this time fortunately.

They all received the same message, and even after They were able to reconnect in ArcCatalog, the layers still wouldn't redraw and they could not save their edits.

Here is the error message below.

7j373Qi.jpg

My question is, is there a way I can configure the database. so that if this happens in the future they will not use the edits that they had made before the disconnect? I apologize in advance for my inexperience if it was something I missed in configuration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It is not possible to continue a transaction from outside the transaction.  It it were possible, the software wouldn't qualify for the definition of Relational Database (violation of ACID properties).

- V

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It is not possible to continue a transaction from outside the transaction.  It it were possible, the software wouldn't qualify for the definition of Relational Database (violation of ACID properties).

- V