Point layer is no longer displayed but attribute table is still there.

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 07:22 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have ArcMap 10.5.1.  I had point feature layers display on ArcMap for like a month. But now my point feature layer drawing (SDE) is no longer displayed. It is like disappeared. But my attribute table info is still there. How can restore the drawing point feature layer? Please advise! Thank you!

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like the data has got corrupt. I can't think of a way to bring it back, unless you have any working backup data.

Think Location
AlexP_
by

okay. Thank you for your assist..

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Check the spatial index of the feature class. It may need to be rebuilt.

--- George T.
AlexP_
by

Please confirm if this is the step I should do. I found this link.

Rebuild a spatial index—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Sure that should work. Make sure you connect as the data owner in ArcMap. You can also rebuild it via the feature classes connection properties.

--- George T.
AlexP_
by

Please see screenshot.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

You can do it that way! Just make sure there are no locks on the feature class and you connect as the data owner.

--- George T.
AlexP_
by

Thank you. Yes. I am the data owner. It is not lock anymore. I am reading the document so I will click recalcuate for SQL.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Sure thing. You could delete and recreate the index also. That is basically the same thing.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

It wasn't success. It is still not display. Also, tried to restore the back up but DBA told me this layer has no record as well. This is so odd.

0 Kudos