Point layer is no longer displayed but attribute table is still there.

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 07:22 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have ArcMap 10.5.1.  I had point feature layers display on ArcMap for like a month. But now my point feature layer drawing (SDE) is no longer displayed. It is like disappeared. But my attribute table info is still there. How can restore the drawing point feature layer? Please advise! Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Any 'Shape' field?  If there is, right-click on the layer and select 'Zoom to Layer'.  If there isn't, load a backup, the geometry may have been deleted or it was joined to something else and it wasn't loaded.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Any 'Shape' field?  If there is, right-click on the layer and select 'Zoom to Layer'.  If there isn't, load a backup, the geometry may have been deleted or it was joined to something else and it wasn't loaded.

AlexP_
by

I tried zoom to layer and nothing happened. It is still blank white screen. I will check out with back up. I am aware there is SQL back up. Is there a way get back up thru Arctoolbox or is it have to get in SQL? 

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

Also, yes . it has shape field point.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try exporting the layer to a File Geodatabase. If the Feature class of the File GDB gets displayed properly, you could export it to SDE database.

Think Location
AlexP_
by

I will check this out as well. 

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

I tried it and it wasn't success. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you zip and attach the FGDB you have created (using Data Export)? Let me review it.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

How do I attach it here?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to use Advanced Editor (Right-top)

Then Attach (Bottom-left)

Think Location
0 Kudos