Map service published from spatial view is not updated when data in the view is changed

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 07:33 AM
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a PostgreSQL geodatabase. There are two feature classes with the same schema in it. One stores archived data, another one stores live data and is updated every 15 mins.

I created a spatial view to combine the data from these two feature classes and published map service using the spatial view.

The problem is when one of the feature class gets updated, the map service is not updated, even I restart the map service. The only way to refresh the map service is to re-publish the map service. Does anyone know why the map service is not updated?

Thanks

Rose

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you publishing your service with the registered geodatabase connection? It sounds as if it's copying the data to the server rather than maintaining a live connection.

Is your spatial view registered with the database?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you publishing your service with the registered geodatabase connection? It sounds as if it's copying the data to the server rather than maintaining a live connection.

Is your spatial view registered with the database?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh for your prompt response. You are a life saver!

Yes, the spatial view was registered with the database. The geodatabase was registered before. At one time the geodatabase was renamed. I was not aware of this. I re-registered the geodatabase connection, and everything worked.

Thanks again!

Rose