Issue while creating Enterprise GDB with Postgresql

06-03-2018 10:46 AM
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Dear Esri Enterprise Geodatabase Team,

I am having an issue in Enabling Enterprise Geodatabase. The architecture is as follows.

We have three VM's.

First VM - ArcGISPro 2.0(Installed Successfully)

Second VM - Postgresql (postgresql-9.5.3-1-windows-x64-------Installed Successfully)

Third VM - Server. (ArcGISServer10.6-------Installed Successfully).

Now when I am creating a Enterprise Geodatabase from the First VM where ArcGIS Pro is installed - I am getting an Error saying "Instance not available on Server - Failed to Execute Create Enterprise Geodatabase).

I have copied the Keycodes file generated from Third VM - Server. (ArcGISServer10.6) and has put in the local system.

How to enable this.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RexRobichaux2
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Janaki,

It looks like the port #5432 is still being referenced as the instance name. What is the machine name of VM#2 (the PostgreSQL Server machine)? Try entering the machine name where Postgres is running as the instance input (Is it maybe geodb01b or geodb01a?)? See if that runs successfully. 

rkolka
by
New Contributor

I just got  Instance not available on server

In the Instance field I had  host.name.eg:45546

For some reason ESRI wants  a , (comma) instead of a : (colon). This is not what RFC 3986 specifies nor does ArcGIS Pro doc mention how to specify non-default port. 

If I changed Instance to host.name.eg,45546 then Create Enterprise Geodatabase was success.

0 Kudos