Is it possible Oracle sde database transfer to SAP HANA database?? Append or Replica?

08-31-2018 01:41 AM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

I am trying to transfer data from the Oracle database to the SAP Hana database. I managed the transfer the data using Append python tool by Arcgis Pro.
However, I would like to transfer data while looking at the differences in the feature class. Is there any method which I can use?
Do you recommend me to use append tool or do I have a chance to do a create replica and syc this feature class via Arcgis Server?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adding a wider audience: GeodatabaseEnterprise GIS

--- George T.
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Thank you George

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Hi there!

When you are asking about looking at the differences in the feature classes, are you referring to a process to keep the feature classes between Oracle and SAP HANA geodatabases in sync to contain the same feature edits? 

Geodatabase replication tools are not available via ArcGIS Pro when accessing the geodatabases directly, but there are options for you to use distributed collaboration workflows. 

On what geodatabases will the edit be taking place? Is it just one of the geodatabases? 

Reply back with a very detailed explanation of what your desired workflow is, what data exists in each geodatabases, and where the edits are taking place. 

0 Kudos
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hi Melissa,

Yes, as you said, we want to periodically transfer updates from the source system to the target system.

Some of the layers in our product are located in the geometric network dataset.
The data will be transferred one-way from the source system to the target system.

Our source system is Oracle and ArcGIS Server 10.4.1.
Our target system is SAP Hana 2, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.

I have reviewed the link you sent. Here, a synchronization between the two portals is mentioned. This applies to versions later than ArcGisPortal 10.5 as described on the link.

We do not want to interfere with ArcGis 10.4.1 much, because the system also has various software components.
If it does not affect the existing system, we can consider installing ArcGIS Portal 10.6 on a separate machine and running it as a guest host for ArcGIS Server 10.4.1.

Or as an alternative, is it possible to do this synchronization for both the source and the target ArcGIS Server (10.4.1 and 10.6) of the Portal currently installed on the target system?
I mean, is it possible that ArcGIS Portal manage the synchronization between two data sources (ArcGIS Server)?

Other possibilities like Python, ArcGIS Server Sync are also welcome.

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Sorry for my delay on response. Support for SAP HANA geodatabases is through using ArcGIS Pro 2.1 or higher. As ArcGIS Pro is the ArcGIS client used to work with SAP HANA geodatabases, they do not support geometric networks (Utility networks are supported for modeling utilities in ArcGIS Pro).

FAQ: Does the ArcGIS platform support the SAP HANA database? 

If you are only looking to transfer related feature classes you can always use geoprocessing tools, but the geometric network itself is not supported for migration. 

0 Kudos