Importing the oracle .dmp (Dump) file

02-10-2015 02:12 AM
srinivasreddy
New Contributor III

Hi,

I Have Oracle 11g and ArcSDE 10.1. I have a production version where all the softwares (ArcSDE, Oracle) installed properly.

and same kind of set up we made for test environment also.

Here the problem is, we are regularly creating the oracle backup files (Which contains lot of ArcSDE spatial table and multiple versions) using oracle export utility tool and it is creating a .dmp file. When we are importing it in oracle test environment with oracle import utility, all the users, schema and their roles are importing with out any error.But when we connect to the SDE through catalog all the Feature datasets and Feature Classes are available with out data. i.e, only schema is available.

Do i need to do any other operations for this spatial data while exporting or importing? Any suggestions would help to solve my problem.

Thanks & regards

srinivas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

What does your export and import command look like? In addition, from your import log do you see any rows being imported?

If you are using the imp commands the row import may look like this:

. . importing table                         "A108"       3728 rows imported

If you are using the impdp command the row import may look like this:

. . imported "SDE"."A108"                            17.80 MB   3728 rows

0 Kudos
FalconESRIKW
New Contributor III

In addition to what Christian said,

1. Do the tables (non-spatial) get imported with data (rows)?

2. Is this specific to spatial tables only?

3. Which storage type is being used in source database? (ST_GEOMETRY or SDO_GEOMETRY or SDEBINARY)

0 Kudos
srinivasreddy
New Contributor III

Thanks Well & falcon for your quick reply.

We are using SDO_GEOMETRY.

And now we are getting some the following error also.

"invalid table/column in sdo_geom_metadata table"

And in Production environment also, we have another surprising problem, It is not allowing to select more than 100 records of a versioned table.

If we select more 101 th record, earlier 100 records are getting deselected.

Thanks & regards

V.Srinivas

0 Kudos