How to tell if Rebuilding Indexes and Analyze happened in eGDB

Jump to solution
04-24-2019 03:21 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I have a python script that runs a Compress, Rebuilds Indexes and Analyze as per this article.  I create a log file and if any of those processes fail, I should get a message of it in my log file, as well as get an email.  Upon completion of the maiden voyage for my latest iteration of the script,  the sde user shows a new entry in the compress_log table, my log file shows that the index rebuild and analyze processes completed successfully and I didn't get an email.

At the moment all things look great. But....  Is there a way either in ArcGIS or SSMS to verify that the indexes did indeed get rebuilt and that the analyze process did as well?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leomonterol
Esri Contributor

As mentioned in the article SQL Server: How to Check when Index was Last Rebuilt: "SQL Server does not store the information when all the indexes were rebuilt. However, it stores the information on when was the last time statistics were updated". The article also shows a query that can be used to get the details on last stats updated date.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
leomonterol
Esri Contributor

As mentioned in the article SQL Server: How to Check when Index was Last Rebuilt: "SQL Server does not store the information when all the indexes were rebuilt. However, it stores the information on when was the last time statistics were updated". The article also shows a query that can be used to get the details on last stats updated date.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Awesome, thanks.  I had a little problem with the output to my logfile from my script, but having corrected it I'm now seeing proof positive that that things are working as I hoped they would.  I'll check out your suggested article none the less!

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos