I got a new computer which means a completely fresh install of Desktop at 10.4.1 which means no more rolling GDBTools forward. I really liked being able to visualize the state tree and want to try to replicate it using python. I'm grabbing the state list using
use sde select sde.sde_states.state_id, parent_state_id, lineage_name, name from sde.SDE_states left join sde.SDE_versions on sde.sde_states.state_id = sde.sde_versions.state_id order by state_id;
but I'm having trouble sorting the states into their branches however. Anyone at esri have some advice?
Wow this works great. What query are you using to get your state list? Mine is causing an error to throw in the JS from a duplicate value it doesn't like. I don't have PHP installed anywhere so I'm going to use python to execute the query, put the files in a CSV, and launch the webpage.
Edit: Actually its not my query thats a problem. For some reason the database is giving 7 replications the same State ID, Parent ID, and Lineage ID.
My SQL is effectively the same as yours, just for Oracle instead of SQL Server and without the lineage name. I haven't run into the situation you have, so I don't get the error you are seeing. Are the state tree results you are seeing even valid? I haven't worked in SDE for a while, will have to think about the situation you describe.
Yeah not sure whats going on with it but everything is working so I'm not very worried about it, just a little concerned. After a sync and compress 2 of the 6 now have new IDs but they are once again duplicate.
name owner version_id status state_id
SYNC_SEND_34522_45 SDE 3049 16777216 601500
SYNC_SEND_34559_45 SDE 3050 16777216 601500
SYNC_SEND_29256_471 SDE 3053 16777216 601500
SYNC_SEND_30056_475 SDE 3054 16777216 601500
SYNC_SEND_34512_107 SDE 3058 16777216 601529
SYNC_SEND_34516_105 SDE 3059 16777216 601529
Have you tried the GDBT registry hack by asrujit_pb?
We have used this to put GDBT on clean ArcGIS installs from 10.1 to 10.3.1, no problems. (Not tested on 10.4 yet)
FYI, I used the hack on a 10.4.1 machine and it did work to get it installed. Unfortunately, I don't have any updated SDE (SQL) databases yet to check it against, so I'm not sure if the tools themselves are working. fwiw.
It works but Im not keen on a registry hack if I dont need to.
In my non-professional experience (A.Dip. Network Engineering, many years experience system building, desktop and GIS support), this is perfectly safe. It is a simple change that is easily undone, and you can also backup the registry entry and restore it if it all goes pear-shaped. In fact I recommend making a backup before editing anything to anyone considering fooling around with the registry.
That said, your IT group may take a very dim view of such activity, if not banning it outright - for good reasons usually. It's the equivalent of fiddling around with your car's spark plug cables and fan belts - while the engine is running.
So I'd say that Derek Law has it right, and everyone interested in this tool should vote up the idea. It's quite silly that in this day and age, we're relying on a 10.0 third-party extension and registry hacks to manage enterprise geodatabases!
Yesterday I implemented the JS tree version by bixb0012 posted earlier in this thread with python getting the state information. I barely used the other GDBT functions so this meets my needs. Its actually much faster when there are a lot of states as well.