How to merge 2 featureclasses and related attachments

06-03-2016 02:43 PM
MarkGiesbrecht2
New Contributor

Hey Folks, I've beat the bush on this, and can't quite figure out all the details.

I have users who have collected features via Collector, uploaded photos, captured field comments, etc.  Problem is, they had used two different (yet identical schema) layers to do so.

I have downloaded both data sets, and am now trying to figure out how to merge them into a single featureclass with all the related attachments.  I've used the ArcMap -> Load Objects tool to get me closer, but the attachments don't come across.  Tried ArcGIS 10.2.2, as well as 10.3.1.

Any ideas, or have I hit a limit of functionality?

Cheers
Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

Try the Append geoprocessing tool. It worked in my testing.

MarkGiesbrecht2
New Contributor

Not sure what steps you did to verify, but when I ran the append on the feature class, only the point features came across, and not their attachments.

OSE_Site_Scouting_Observations -> OSE_Site_Scouting_Points

I also tried appending the features first, then the associated attachment table, but those do not map to the appended features.

OSE_Site_Scouting_Observations -> OSE_Site_Scouting_Points

OSE_Site_Scouting_Observations__ATTACH -> OSE_Site_Scouting_Points__ATTACH

Were you testing on a feature class that had a relationship class established with an __ATTACH table?

0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

I checked the content content and row count of both _ATTACH tables before the APPEND and the target databasets _ATTACH table after the append. The target datasets _ATTACH has the correct number of rows. I also spot checked the attachments in ArcMap and the content of both tables is present. What version of ArcGIS are you using? I'll load a copy and check the behavior.

0 Kudos
MarkGiesbrecht2
New Contributor

To clarify, the feature counts add up for both the __ATTACH table and the feature table.  Problem is that for appended records, they do not show when identified in ArcMap, as I suspect the GlobalID's do not match for the newly added records.

I've tried both 10.2.2 and 10.3.1

0 Kudos