How to change a layer from LOAD mode to Normal mode in SQL server

03-13-2017 12:51 AM
YasserNooraldeen
New Contributor II

Hi dear:

I have created a feature dataset in SQL Server 2008R2 and assigned to a non-version edits. I am not able to do any edits, I have seen many threads to do that using commands line tool, in my case I am using 10.1 and I am using Direct Connection mode without installing ArcSDE Command Tool software. The feature class that I created based on a Load  from an existing feature classes. How to solve my issue to edit this feature classes now?

Note: I have unchecked the box of Edit a version of the database with the ability to undo and redo.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Share a screenshot of the error that you receive while trying to Start the editing session.

0 Kudos
YasserNooraldeen
New Contributor II

Thanks dear ... Please find attached screenshot. Thanks

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Error: Start editing encountered one or more layers with errors or warnings and cannot continue. Inc... 

• Is that the only layer in the Map Document?
  • Was the Feature Dataset registered as Versioned, and you created this new Feature Class?

Just for testing, create a new Feature Dataset, import this Feature Class in it and then try to start a Non-versioned editing session on that.

0 Kudos
YasserNooraldeen
New Contributor II

Thanks Asrujit,

- Yes, its only one layer added to the map document.

- I am not sure if I register this database as versioned first, but currently its non-versioned, I will assume that it's versioned originally, and currently I would like to find a solution for it as this feature class its working in production environment and it's linked with many applications and services.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

If the Feature Dataset was versioned previous to adding this new Feature Class, then it is a mix of Versioned and Non-Versioned data inside that Feature Dataset, which can lead to that error.

Did you try the below:

Just for testing, create a new Feature Dataset, import only this Feature Class in it and then try to start a Non-versioned editing session on that.

0 Kudos