How do you display two different image of the same area to display in ArcMap ?

04-11-2017 11:27 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I am working on adding two imagery and they are in the same area. How do I display each of them rather having to show just one.... I am not sure how to do this but do I need to set them in order 1 and 2 to display them ?

I created  them in Mosaic Dataset, Raster Dataset and Raster Catalog...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can fake that they are side-by-each by using .... Shift (raster) ... You just have to remember that you have done this for visualization purposes

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Well what I am doing is to overlay the vector I have and need to review the ski areas that I am working on.  And I might need to digitize them if needed.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

I don't know what exactly do  you want. but I think you need to use Swipe button or Flicker layer button in Effects toolbar.

or you need to create two data frame and put one image in separate data frame and display them in layout.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

What I am talking about is to toggle on and off one image and toggle off the other image ...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so basically, you don't need to display them side by side and the toggling is wearing pretty thin and swipe and flicker doesn't cut it, that leaves transparency or arcobjects

AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Did you try swipe and flicker?

If my answer not help you.You can switch on /off on TOC

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Actually they are in both in one and it is under the Mosaic Dataset and there is only one layer that holds it...

Let me show you.

So, you can see just one image but I have two of them within it...What I want to have two image to show different One is the topo and the OpenStreet map ... This is what I have here and what you see is a Open Street Map... and the Topo is hidden..

This is a Monarch Mountain and it is in Central Colorado.