gis tutorial 3 book - tutorial 5.3 - setting up geodatabase topology

05-05-2017 04:04 AM
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

good morning,

i'm working on the book "Gis Tutorial 3- advanced workbook", and i finished tutorial 5.3 that explain how to build a new geodatabase topology for City of Oleander.mdb

i built in ArcCatalog, in Feature Dataset, new topology with some rules (see arcgis geodatabase topology rules poster) that  book prescibes

Finally i fixed all error (1300 about) with error inspector dialog box ( 2 weeks about for fixed all errors)

now polygon areas are coincident with lines feature for example

look over the image ..do you agree?

many thanks

Roberto

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

hi,

i add 3 images of the same area

4layers displayed (parcels,zones,block, lot boundaries)

note the perfect coincident between line feature (lot boundaries-blue line) and polygons features (parcels,zones,subdivision)

Moreover i add "rules poster" for Topology Geodatabase

to build-up gdb topology start with arcCatalog

then run arcmap

i would value your opinion..

best regards

Roberto

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

hi,

to complete the task i posted an image of ArcCatalog

in which , first of all, i build-up New Topology (right click on feature dataset "Property Data")

during the process will made up some Rule and at the end, will add another feature class named "Property Data Topology"

After  I launch arcmap and add the Feature Dataset "Property Data"..

Now I able to correct the errors that disobey "Rules" priority inserted

Good Wishes

Roberto

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

hi,

there are some comments on that?

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

hi,

how come there aren't comments or resposes?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No one is replying because the books are outdated and everyone is moving to Pro anyway. I will say, that i just got done with Chapter 5 in this book to focus on Topo, and was pretty confused. There is an Esri course on topology that is about 5hrs which i recommend. It would be nice if Esri created a new Topo focused ArcPro book. I will say out of all the GIS books I've purchased which is extensive, the GIS Tutorial 1,2,3 are by far the best written, that provide walk through and  practical exercise. Their used to be a webpage with all the tutorial videos on these books which help immensely when i first started but the web page expired.  

0 Kudos
RobertoTantari
New Contributor II

It's kind of you sir, i've heard Pro is cheaper, haven't I?

that's about one hundred dollars for personal use...

have a nice day

Rob.

0 Kudos