Geometric Network Expiration Date

12-02-2022 01:57 PM
Labels (2)
BlueSky17
New Contributor III

Hello,

By when is the ESRI geometric network going to be supported? When does the support end for the geometric network?

Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro only support the new Utility Network and Trace Network and does not support Geometric Networks.

ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap/ArcCatalog), that supports the Geometric Network, has reached end of life, no more new releases, and customers are encouraged to move to ArcGIS Pro and Utility Network and Trace Network.

Convert a geometric network to a trace network—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Or you can use your Geometric Network data to migrate to ArcGIS Pro Utility Network.

Esri Support Product Life Cycles - see the life cycle chart in this link.

What is a trace network?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

What is a utility network?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
BlueSky17
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for the response! So basically geometric network is expiring in Spring of 2026. Is there a debate for extension?

The reason I am asking is because the upper management in my company doesn't intend to switch to UN anytime soon. They are saying that ESRI will extend the support for ArcGIS Desktop/geometric network. That's why I feel like I need a straight answer from ESRI.

Also, their another argument is that not too many companies switched to UN network. Is there a list somewhere that documents how many companies switched to UN? I mostly need it as a reference.

Thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@BlueSky17 
Question: So basically, geometric network is expiring in Spring of 2026. Is there a debate for extension?
Answer: No, there is no plans for extension at this time. 
Esri Support ArcMap 10.8 (10.8.2)

MarceloMarques_0-1670182383026.png

Question: Is there a list somewhere that documents how many companies switched to UN? 

Answer: no, this is not publicly available, you need to reach out to your Esri Account Manager to get more information and to discuss how Esri can help your organization to migrate to Utility Network.
ArcGIS Utility Network Resources | Tutorials, Documentation, Videos & More (esri.com)

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos