Feature services are not supported with a DB2 z/OS database

Jump to solution
02-04-2015 06:35 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi!

We are prepare to upgrade our server to 10.3 and in the requirements  for   IBM DB2 V10 for z/OSGeodatabase ArcGIS 10.3

I found that:

Feature services are not supported with a DB2 z/OS database

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/desktop/latest/manage-data/gdbs-in-db2/database-requirements-db2.htm

I would like to know if this is a limitation for now on andIBM DB2 z/OS database will never support FS again or it is a bug that was found or a known issue that will be solved shortly. When we implement this geodatabase for version 10.1 this limitation was not reported. The only reason we have arcgis server is because this project only use Feature Services. If we knew that other Server versions will not support FS we would never used IBM DB2 for z/OS.

If you know something about it please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Diego Llamas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Diego,

We do not plan to support feature services with DB2 z/OS as there is no support for auto increment columns in z/OS and this is required for the feature service.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

This seems to be the trend for a long time now:

System Requirements  10.1

System Requirements 10.2.x

Feature services are not supported with a DB2 z/OS database since atleast 10.1

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi Asrujit,

When we installed ArcGIS for server 10.1 in back 2011 i'm pretty sure that part was not written.if you see the last update of the help page, for version 10.1 and 10.2.x are in 1/23/2015. do you know where i can find any documentation explaning the reason why it is not supported? because if some they the project stop working we need to explain to our client why they need to migrate to SQL or other database.

I will appreciate very much if you have any idea or documentation about this subject.

Thank you for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Diego,

I have no way of knowing what was previously changed and why.

I would recommend you log a Esri Technical Support‌ case if you need further clarification.

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I replied in the in the Poll location also. It basically says the same thing as Asrujit!

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Diego,

We do not plan to support feature services with DB2 z/OS as there is no support for auto increment columns in z/OS and this is required for the feature service.

DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Thank you very much Rusell.

0 Kudos