Export geodatabase data to excel

Jump to solution
08-08-2016 10:51 AM
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Is there a way to export, to excel, a list of all feature dataset and feature classes?  Essentially everything that is in the geodatabase.  I can export to XML, but how would I get it to excel?  And, how could I tell where there feature classes or tables that where installed when the LGIM was installed, but do not contain any data?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Thank you Mike, Jennifer & Rebecca; all good options, the only thing about XRay is all the different worksheets; and the only thing about Rebecca's inventory is no count.  Jake has the best match to what I am looking for in a solution, however, I'm not getting the script to run properly.  I am just starting with Python and am thinking I don't have the workspace set correctly.

0 Kudos
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Jake, I think you are pointing to a file geodatabase, where I'm trying to point to my sde geodatabase.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you a connection to the sde geodatabase under 'Database Connections'?  If so, try the following:

env.workspace = r"Database Connections\<database name>.sde"

You will want to replace <database name> with what you have under 'Database Connections' in your Catalog window.

George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

John - I tested Jake's Python on an Oracle enterprise geodatabase and it worked by just changing out the .sde connection information that Jake mentioned.

--- George T.