Error trying to view locks

Jump to solution
12-19-2017 10:29 AM
MichaelStranovsky
Occasional Contributor

I am receiving this error while clicking on the lock tab in Geodatabase Administration using ArcCatalog 10.5.1.  Has anyone else experienced this?

56 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
RayChilcote
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bill.  Was hoping someone heard what the actual "Fix" is.

NULL shows that there's something amiss in the tables.  I'm really hoping the fix isn't hiding that error.  Could change from a minor/moderate problem to catastrophic.  Especially if the true issue is identified after weeks or months.

0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

Interesting that, when I use ArcMap 10.5 I don't see the issue, but when I use ArcMap 10.6.1, I do.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

yo-yo bug

0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

Well, I think the locks were in the table since Dec 2018, just not reported by the 10.5 version of the Desktop software.  Now that it's reporting by 10.6.1, it's an issue because I can't view locks and administer the database through the Desktop client.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you update to desktop 10.7?

0 Kudos
Arlington_CoGISMC
New Contributor III

I am on 10.6.1 and still having this annoying problem... has it ever been resolved?

KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III

I am also experience this with 10.6.1.  If we delete all the records out the tables listed above, then it solves the issue.  Would be great to know the cause of the problem so we can try to prevent it.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this issue occurring with all enterprise db versions or just specific types of enterprise dbs (SQL Server)?  My org utilizes Oracle so I am curious if I will encounter this bug.

0 Kudos
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III

For us, we run SQL Server 2016 Enterprise and SDE 10.6.1.  This has never happened in our Oracle or Postgres databases.