Disconnect Geodatabase Lock

Jump to solution
09-02-2016 09:53 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS 10.2.2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. 

I have several Locks from users on our SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase that I need to disconnect. 

I am using Database Authentication, not OS Authentication. 

Our database is under a SQL Server Instance managed by our System Administrator (not in GIS, but our IT Group).

At the Database Level Role, I am the db_owner. I have no Server Level Role. 

Is there a way to disconnect a Lock at the Database Level Role? or do I need to have our Sys Admin person add SDE to the processadmin role under Server Level Roles?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

SDE (geodatabase administrator) typically has the "power" to disconnect locks in clients.  You can read more about it here - http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/gdbs-in-postgresql/manage-geodatabase-locks.htm

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

SDE (geodatabase administrator) typically has the "power" to disconnect locks in clients.  You can read more about it here - http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/gdbs-in-postgresql/manage-geodatabase-locks.htm

TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I found the issue, I first thought it could be an Orphan Lock. But, then I remembered I had a Map Service running directly from our DEFAULT, as opposed to a Replica File Geodatabase. I am running 50 map services, all except one out of our Replica. Well, I Stopped the Service running from our DEFAULT. That broke the lock. All is good now.

Of course, I am sure you are asking....why do you have 49 services running from your Replica, and 1 from your DEFAULT. Well, we also use InforEAM for our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Infor requires services that are used inside their software to run from the DEFAULT, they cannot be run out of a File Geodatabase.