Copy (Data Management) tool fails to copy GDB over the network

Jump to solution
03-20-2018 10:37 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to use the tool "Copy (Data Management)" from ArcMAP 10.5.0 to copy a Geodatabase from local drive (D:) to a network drive (Z:). and every time I  got the following error:

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy D:\T\New File Geodatabase (4).gdb into Z:\2)GIS_and_Design\7)CrescentLink\CrescentLink_Users\Ahmad_Saleh\Ahmad_Saleh.gdb
Failed to execute (Copy).

But the unusual thing is  when I go to the destination folder I am able to located  this Geodatabase  and also I can connect to it  and see or edit  the data inside, everything looks normal!.

The tool worked and copied the GDB to this location but it also throw  the previous error!.

PS: I have full read/write permission on this network folder, which mean that the tool has the full permission to write at this folder!. The same tool works fine if I used it to copy from Local to Local folders, and fails if tried to copy from Network to Network Folder!.

Have anyone had this issue before ?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
14 Replies
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Though the BUG-000109584 status is still opened and "in product plans", it seems to be solved in 10.8

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

Issue seems to exist in ArcGIS Pro v2.7.3.

Per Carl Beyerhelm's shutil.copytree() suggestion I can skirt around the issue quite nicely.

0 Kudos
ChrisStiwinter1
New Contributor III

Can you explain more about shutil?  I am having issues copying feature classes that contain multiple attachments..  The feature classes have attribute rules assigned to them.. after doing many tests i can not seem to copy or export feature classes out of enterprise geodatabase (oracle 12cr1) that contain multiple attachments.. the problem is only one attachment record is exported out, all other attachment records are left out. 

I am thinking that this shutil will help me since we want to script the export...  

how do i install the library that contains this utility?  current python version is 3.7.10

Much thanks

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

shutil was used for File GeoDatabase copying, not enterprise.

----------

import shutil

shutil.copy(src, dest)

0 Kudos
ChrisStiwinter1
New Contributor III

Oh ok thanks,  I have been on the phone with tech support but still have not found a solution to my problem..   Wondering if it is a bug..

i have feature classes that participate with attribute rules, these feature classes also contain attachments as well suing globalids.  When i use the feature class to feature class export tool and "maintain attachments" the resulting exported feature class only contains one attachment record..  no matter how i try to do it, i get the same export each time with only one attachment record..

If i copy and paste i get error 000260 "failed to copy multiple"..  ESRI cannot reproduce error on their side..

the only work around i have found is to use the features in a published feature service and use that service as the input to my export tool and magically all the attachments are exported out. ??..

Unfortunately this does not fit our need as i need to script the export nightly and this method fails using python since the tool input is using the REST service..

Any help is greatly appreciated.   Also doesnt matter if my target export location is FGDB or EGDB

0 Kudos