Compression Error: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.

Jump to solution
01-10-2020 06:11 AM
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

When trying to run a compress this morning I got the following error:

The first time I was trying to compress there were no versions and no connections. In other attempts to compress I had re-added all the versions and there were connections to the database and I got the same error.

After doing a little research, I found that re-building indexes seemed to fix most errors people had when compressing. I tried to re-build indexes for the entire geodatabase and still got the error above when trying to compress.

Is there anything else I can try?

More information: 

It is a 10.5.1 geodatabase running on SQL Sever 2014.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherScroggins

So I found the issue.

We have a tool that creates ID automatically and I had forgotten to turn it off before renaming two feature classes this morning. So the tool was still looking for the old registry IDs and throwing errors.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CraigSwadner
Occasional Contributor

What does your compress log say for that database ?

Craig Swadner (GIS Coordinator)

City of Cape Coral

1015 Cultural Park Blvd.

Cape Coral, Fl 33990

Did you know the best way to report issues to ITS is to use the Service Desk system? This will ensure someone in ITS gets your request and allows us to track the progress. Please enter all your issues and/or questions by clicking https://breeze.cape.capecoral.net

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

It has a compress_status of 'FAILURE -51'

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

So I found the issue.

We have a tool that creates ID automatically and I had forgotten to turn it off before renaming two feature classes this morning. So the tool was still looking for the old registry IDs and throwing errors.