Code 24011 - Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server.

05-10-2019 08:09 AM
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

I'm attempting to publish a feature service - the feature class is located in a file geodatabase within a registered folder. The error message I am getting is code 24011 and the description states "Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server". When I attempt to publish the MXD ignoring the high level warning I get the following message "Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Please consult the GP Results Window for enhanced error description or contact your administrator for the server logs." When I attempt to register the data source I get the message "Folder is already registered with the server".

There are plenty of other feature classes in the same geodatabase in this MXD that will publish fine if I remove the one feature class that's causing these issues. There is only one geodatabase in List By Source so I know all feature classes are located in the same geodatabase.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can publish this feature service?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to publish a feature service that has feature access?  If so, I think you need to associate a feature service of this type with SDE and it will not work with a file gdb.

0 Kudos
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

I'm publishing with Mapping only, no Feature Access for this feature service.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to publish to a legacy ArcGIS Server deployment or a federated ArcGIS Enterprise deployment?  In terms of semantics, enabling feature access is what makes a map service a feature service, so it is a bit confusing to say you are publishing a feature service without feature access.

0 Kudos
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

We are still using a legacy ArcGIS Server deployment.

My apologies for the wording - I should have said map service. As shown below, I don't have Feature Access checked, only Mapping.

0 Kudos
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Have you checked the below knowledge articles:

https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000016577

It has few option to check and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

I was able to figure out what was causing the issue. I added the feature class to the MXD from a mapped network drive which isn't registered rather than using the true path that is registered.