Capturing features as they are deleted - ArcMap unhappy

11-26-2015 02:06 AM
MikeSweetman
New Contributor II

Hi

My environment started out using version 10.0 but is now using 10.3.

I've written an oracle PL/SQL package that interrogates the SDE schema to create a trigger that will determine when a feature in a versioned/or non versioned feature class is being deleted, and copy it to an other feature class. This way, we can see current, and deleted features.

In my instance I am working with a versioned feature class, and so the trigger sits on the Dnnn table and determine if the Dnnn record being added means the feature is being deleted (it could be being superceded by a Annn row(.

Due the the implementation we have I need to copy records in Annn, Fmmm and Smmm and place them in FC_DELETED, Fppp and Sppp.

Everything looks ok, but, when I use arcMap features created this way are not displayed; only when I select them does their position get revealed.

As far as I can tell the spatial index is fine.

I think the problem I have is that there is a table in the SDE schema that I have not appended a record to to indicate that my newly created FC_DELETED feature exists in the current timeline (not the right word but the right concept).

I have found that directly creating features in FC_DELETED via ArcMap does work.

For now, I am going to try and perform regular feature creations andd see where records in SDE appear, and try and deduce the issue from there.

Any help really appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pieter_Geertvan_den_Beukel
Esri Contributor

why don't you use the standard geodatabase archiving mechanism?

Geodatabase archiving—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

MikeSweetman
New Contributor II

The dataset the feature class is in does have archiving enabled. I've been requested to also capture these features as they are deleted, in a separate feature class.

I have observed that the process I have developed works where the oracle database version is 11.2.0.1, but does not work where the oracle database version is 11.2.0.4. I'm going to focus on this to see what I can learn.

0 Kudos