Cannot locate sdedc_Oracle.log for Desktop 10.7

Jump to solution
01-29-2020 08:18 AM
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

With ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 I was used to finding the connection log "sdedc_Oracle.log" in a folder such as:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\1\arc7055

Does 10.7 still log this information in a different file name or location?  It is sometimes handy for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

Fridjof Schmidt‌  Thanks to a support ticket on something else, I was directed to this article:  FAQ: How do you turn on verbose logging when connecting to an enterprise geodatabase? | Esri Austral...

In there at the end it has two environment variables to set:

SDESVRLOG=TRUE
SDESVRLOGLOC=C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp

Once I did that it started making a log file in the location specified in SDESVRLOGLOC location. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor

I've been wondering too. It's also missing in 10.6.1. Have you found out anything about this @Steven?

0 Kudos
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

Fridjof Schmidt‌  Thanks to a support ticket on something else, I was directed to this article:  FAQ: How do you turn on verbose logging when connecting to an enterprise geodatabase? | Esri Austral...

In there at the end it has two environment variables to set:

SDESVRLOG=TRUE
SDESVRLOGLOC=C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp

Once I did that it started making a log file in the location specified in SDESVRLOGLOC location. 

FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @Steven Salas!

In the meantime I also got this information from Esri support. It has also been logged as a bug under BUG-000111144: When a user connects to a database from ArcGIS Deskt.. .