Can reconcile process be forced to continue even if it fails

10-08-2018 11:29 PM
UMUTÜÇOK
New Contributor III

We have been trying to make reconcile process for weeks. Due to geometric network errors we are not be able to take next step. We detected that reconcile process changes order of junctions while reconcile process and raise zero length error. When we validate geometric network any error raise. But errors come up while reconcile. This is not the main case.

However, we need to get over these errors because of period of reconcile is taking more than 40-50 hours. What i want to ask is:

-   Can we discard reconcile errors like zero length? Even if it raise we need to continue. Otherwise ESRI rollbacks the whole process and even if i solve the error as manually this process will take same time. Or there must be a function which can pause the process and gave time for me to solve the problem and go ahead. But it just fails.

-   Can we disable zero length control mechanism on SDE? 

-   Can we continue from last reconcile attempt? I don't want to wait whole process.

Best regards,

Umut.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Have you attempted to correct the lines with "zero" length before the reconcile? Are the errors in the parent (reconciled to) or the child (being reconciled)?

What are your conflict settings when running the reconcile?

Related to the time it takes to reconcile:

Have you run a compress/rebuild statistics and indexes before the reconcile?

When was the last successful reconcile?

Responses to your questions:

-   Can we disable zero length control mechanism on SDE?   - Not that I am aware of

-   Can we continue from last reconcile attempt? I don't want to wait whole process. - Not that I am aware of. The reconcile process is fault-tolerant and as you mention above rolls back if not completed.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
UMUTÜÇOK
New Contributor III

No, we can't identify that. Any tool in geometric network toolbar can catch that. Because that error occurs while reconcile (this is our guess)

It's not about conflict. Zero length error raises. Yes we rebuild statistics and indexes. 

last successfull compress was 2 october 2018 with end state count 173. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

This may best be worked out with Esri Technical Support. It sounds like an analyst needs to take a deeper look into the geodatabase and workflows.

--- George T.