can no longer edit files in SDE

Jump to solution
07-29-2014 12:12 PM
RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

Hi all,
I am using 10.0. I recently started having problem to edit files that are in the SDE database. I am not sure what happened, I was building a cached map to be used in Lucity dashboard for my stormwater field crew. A few days later when I try to edit any of the files in the SDE database I get an error message which I don't believe this error message has anything to do with what I was doing as far creating the cached map. Please see attached file. I have checked all different avenue to see how I can fix the problem I ended up with a negative result. We are not using Version now, but the error message suggests that the files I am trying to edit are Resgister  As Versioned that have to be Unregister As Versioned before I can edit the files. I have unchecked the box that is under Editor, Option, and General, but nothing happened. Remember, I have the owner privilege access in the SDE database. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Best regard,

Rudy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

I am using ArcInfo. But I think I figured it out this past Friday. What I did was from ArcCatalog, showing below, I dragged "Unregister As Versioned" into ArcCatalog when finished I right clicked on the Feature Dataset that I want to Unregister As Versioned. Then I click the "Plus sign " to the left of the Feature Dataset and then left click the Feature Dataset to un-greyed the "Unregister As Versioned" tool. In addition, I right click on the Feature Dataset and click the Unregister As Versioned tool and click "OK" to run the tool and "voila" . It is all done in ArcCatalog.

Thank you very much for all your help on this matter.

Best regards,

Rudy Charlot

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CoryMacNeil1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Rudy,

Have you tried editing the data in a new map document?  If it is the same map document, it may be corrupt.  Sometimes I find copying your layers and pasting them into a new map document can solve small problems.  Annoying, but can work.

If you right-click on one of the feature classes in your enterprise geodatabase connection (with admin rights), is the Register as Versioned... option available?  What about the Unregister as Versioned... ?  Have you tried registering the feature classes and then unregistering?

RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

Thank you for getting back with me on this matter.

I have tried the one you mentioned on the first paragraph below, but the
one on the second paragraph I can try it as soon as possible to see if that will work.

Thanks again for your respond and I will let you know how it went.

Sincerely,

Rudy Charlot

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudy,

You are using the correct license for editing SDE data right, i.e. ArcEditor or ArcInfo License.

0 Kudos
RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

I am using ArcInfo. But I think I figured it out this past Friday. What I did was from ArcCatalog, showing below, I dragged "Unregister As Versioned" into ArcCatalog when finished I right clicked on the Feature Dataset that I want to Unregister As Versioned. Then I click the "Plus sign " to the left of the Feature Dataset and then left click the Feature Dataset to un-greyed the "Unregister As Versioned" tool. In addition, I right click on the Feature Dataset and click the Unregister As Versioned tool and click "OK" to run the tool and "voila" . It is all done in ArcCatalog.

Thank you very much for all your help on this matter.

Best regards,

Rudy Charlot

0 Kudos