Azure Storage Account Connect to Desktop

10-01-2019 09:18 AM
SanhitaChatterjee2
New Contributor II

I got an azure storage account information from a contractor with GIS data in it. I received the Account name and account key. Recommended to install storage explorer utility to connect and look at the tables which has around 600 GB of data. I want to connect to the azure storage through arcgis desktop client. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SanhitaChatterjee2
New Contributor II

Thanks George. That's helpful. I can see all images but can't open the gdb in the *.acs file. How do I get the gdb or add feature classes from the gdb to Pro project? I confirmed with the contractor that the gdb has several feature classes. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Connect to cloud stores—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Only raster items can be accessed through a cloud storage connection, and used in ArcGIS Pro.

We would also not recommend connecting to a "cloud" GDB from a local Desktop client.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Nicholas_Wissler
New Contributor

Hi George,

On this topic, what is the Esri best practice recommendation on connecting to non-Raster data in cloud storage from ArcGIS Pro?

-Would it be to establish a connection with the Cloud through the Enterprise data store and then sign into the Portal via ArcGIS Pro? 

- Would we need to stand up an intermediary SQL or Oracle database that is tied into the Cloud?

It doesn't seem like there is a lot of Esri literature on this....

0 Kudos