ArcSDE delete featureclass Warning: empty output generated

Jump to solution
03-30-2015 05:25 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to delete a featureclass from my sde; using Toolbox Detele Features is generating a Warning "000117 warning empty output generated and the featureclass remains in the sde although the process reads as Successful.

I'm certain the user login I'm using has full permission for this action. Can someone assist in pointing me in the right direction to solve?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The graphic indicates you are using Delete Features, but you state you want to remove the feature class. For this you want to use Delete (Data Management).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
VinceAngelo

The graphic indicates you are using Delete Features, but you state you want to remove the feature class. For this you want to use Delete (Data Management).

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Vince

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need to revisit this as I am using the Delete (General - Delete) and getting no errors saying delete successful yet I still see the Featureclass in the SDE - although trying to open it does apply an error (which is not surprising) but how do I remove the featureclass entirely?

Thanks

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo

Are you logged in as the table owner? I've never needed to do more than right-click delete, so you may need to talk to Tech Support.

- V

0 Kudos
TinaMorgan1
Occasional Contributor II

The Delete Features tool will only delete the records within a feature class.  You can select records to be deleted before running the tool, or delete all of the records and essentially truncate your feature class.  If you are trying to delete an entire feature class from your geodatabase then you can use the Delete gp tool, as Vince mentioned.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tina

0 Kudos