ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 - Oracle Linux x86 64-bit 19.16.0.0.0 to Oracle Linux x86 64-bit 19.18.0.0.0

Jump to solution
05-01-2023 04:22 AM
JamesMorrison1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Everyone

Quick question:

In our Test environment we have been using Oracle Linux x86 64-bit 19.16.0.0.0 now the IT department what to use Oracle Linux x86 64-bit 19.18.0.0.0 (16 to 18) in the Production setup.

Could this be an issue? Is this version 19.18.0.0.0 supported.

I read the following - ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 requirements for Oracle—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS ...

But perhaps I missed the point - feedback welcome?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Non-certification of an environment does not necessarily mean it is not supported. That environment is supported if it meets or exceeds the base build environment and that environment is known to not fail. Environments that are known to not work are usually documented on the product support page as soon as that information is available.

So that upgrade should be ok since it is a patch set. I would follow the docs that you referenced above:

1. Take a FULL and VERIFIED back up of the Oracle database
  2. If the patch causes issues, roll it back.

Hope this helps!

--- George T.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Non-certification of an environment does not necessarily mean it is not supported. That environment is supported if it meets or exceeds the base build environment and that environment is known to not fail. Environments that are known to not work are usually documented on the product support page as soon as that information is available.

So that upgrade should be ok since it is a patch set. I would follow the docs that you referenced above:

1. Take a FULL and VERIFIED back up of the Oracle database
  2. If the patch causes issues, roll it back.

Hope this helps!

--- George T.