Valve Isolation Trace not Selecting Isolating Valves

Jump to solution
12-06-2012 10:30 AM
deleted-user-OKUiI8RicOek
New Contributor
When I use the Valve Isolation Trace tool, the results of the trace appear correct, and it selects the hydrants, meters, fittings and non-operable valves etc. that will be impacted by the isolation, but it doesn't seem to select or identify the valves that are needed to be turned off in order to isolate the flow.

I can visually determine which valves they are by looking at where the trace highlight ends, but is there a way to actually select them? 

As far as valves go, those are the ones I am interested in and would want selected so I could easily pass that info to field crews, while blow-offs, air releases or other non-operable valves that they won't need to actually shut off are of less importance to me

I am using my own data with the configuration modified to match

10.1 final, with the 6/14/2012 v3 of the tools installed

Thanks,

Jared Nuss
GIS Analyst
James City Service Authority
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Jared,
   Are the valves selectable?  Do you happen to have another layer in the TOC with a def query pointing to the same valve layer?  If, move the system valve layer above it in the TOC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Jared,
   Are the valves selectable?  Do you happen to have another layer in the TOC with a def query pointing to the same valve layer?  If, move the system valve layer above it in the TOC.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-OKUiI8RicOek
New Contributor
Mike,

I did have Multiple entries for valves in the TOC of the same name, and after removing all but one of them it worked as expected.

It was good meeting you the other week, and thanks for the help on this

Jared
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
In the configuration, list the Layer name, not the feature class name.  That should allow you to have multi versions of the layer.  The tools loop through all the layers first, looking for a matching layer name.  If a matching layer name is not found, it then loops through all the layers looking at the feature class name. 

Thanks for coming to the meeting the other week.  It is always good to put a face to a name.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
DaphnaGlazer
New Contributor

Hi Michal,

Can you help me understand where I can find the configuration file and how I define it?

I am new to the geometric network features and having troubles defining the valves in my network.

Thanks,

Daphna

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You can find more info here.

http://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/water/help/network-editing/tools/configure-reporting-tools/#valve-isolation

0 Kudos
DaphnaGlazer
New Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos