untools 2.3.0: Apply Asset Package crashes with UPDM 2018

Jump to solution
01-25-2019 01:12 PM
Labels (1)
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I've been working with UPDM 2018 and untools 2.2 successfully for some time.  Today, I upgraded to 2.3.0, and AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork is crashing.  The first crash gave this error:

ERROR 001959: No valid asset type was found. [Excess Flow Valve/Automatic Reset]
Failed to execute (SetSubnetworkDefinition).

I tried running it again, and got this error:

Item Field OID Value Message Level
0 None None PipelineDevice-8 | PipelineDevice-17 | PipelineDevice-15 | PipelineDevice-19 | PipelineDevice-20 | PipelineDevice-16 | PipelineDevice-5 | PipelineDevice-18 | PipelineDevice-2 | PipelineDevice-12 | PipelineDevice-3 | PipelineDevice-13 | PipelineDevice-1 | PipelineDevice-9 | PipelineDevice-11 | PipelineDevice-4 | PipelineDevice-10 | PipelineDevice-6 AssetType domain is used in multiple places. error

What's up?  Do I need to uninstall Pro 2.3 and go back to 2.2?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCederholm

I've successfully pinpointed the cause of the crash originally reported:  it will occur if I take the UPDM asset package and add a many-to-many relationship class between PipelineAssembly and PipelineDevice, as below:

sRelClassName = "UNSGPipelineAssembly_PipelineDevice"
arcpy.CreateRelationshipClass_management(
    "PipelineAssembly", "PipelineDevice", sRelClassName,
    "SIMPLE", "Device", "Assembly", "NONE", "MANY_TO_MANY", "NONE",
    "GLOBALID", "ASSEMBLY_GID", "GLOBALID", "DEVICE_GID")
arcpy.AddGlobalIDs_management(sRelClassName)
self.AddEditorTracking(sRelClassName)
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I'm attaching a second asset package with that modification.  In the meantime, I should be able to work around this issue by creating the relationship class after the asset package is applied, rather than going back to untools 2.2.0.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Can you provide the asset package? You can email to pleblanc@esri.com

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

It's too big to email.  Can you email me a temp FTP login, or do I need to start a tech support session?

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Send me an email and I can provide you a link.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Here's the link to UPDM 2018:

UPDM 2018 Edition 

I also attached a UPDM asset package to my original post. 

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I followed your advice and tried it on a new database.  No errors. Apparently I'm not vacuuming the GDB as cleanly as I could.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

FYI, the Naperville sample gas data asset package is also failing. 

The asset package has the following errors:
Item Field OID Value Message Level
0 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 1 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
1 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 2 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
2 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 3 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
3 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 4 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
4 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 5 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
5 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 6 Basic Diagram template does not exist error
6 B_Subnetwork_Diagrams diagram_template 7 Basic Diagram template does not exist error

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

The plot thickens: I reverted one of my environments to Pro 2.2.4, and untools 2.2.2 also doesn't like my asset package [I got a bunch of bad field name errors, which I forgot to save].  I had to go back to untools 2.2.0 [which I've been using all along] in order for it to apply without errors.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Each release of untools adds more validation. Those error messages are expected.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Where's the documentation?

I don't see it here:

Apply Asset Package—Tool Reference | ArcGIS Solutions 

I don't see it here:

Release notes for 2.3—Get Started | ArcGIS Solutions 

I would like to know what to expect.

0 Kudos