Is there any way to make the legend appear smaller within the web app builder widget?

06-04-2018 08:21 AM
JasonTrussell
New Contributor II

Creating a web app to embed in our company website and the legend takes up a lot of space. Would like it to be 1/4 the size.  I know i can make it not appear when the page is opened unless you click, but i would like it to be visible when opened.  Is there a way to change the size of the legend ??  You can see it takes up half the map in the attachment.

Thanks in Advance 

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

It is possible, but you have to be using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition - as you will need to edit an internal configuration file. This option is not possible for Web AppBuilder embedded within ArcGIS Online. Please see this GeoNet thread for details,

https://community.esri.com/message/719947-how-can-i-make-the-legend-dimensions-smaller-too-much-whit... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Derek,

Is there any thought of adding more control to the non developer edition of WAB? Resizing windows or changing fonts would be a very usefull task in the standard or AGOL version. 

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bill,

> Is there any thought of adding more control to the non developer edition of WAB? Resizing windows or changing fonts would be a very usefull task in the standard or AGOL version

Please post an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Web AppBuilder. Although, you may want to take a look at ArcGIS Experience Builder, which gives you many more options to control the look and feel of the web app you're creating.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos