Enable Network Topology fails with "ONLY_ERRORS" at 2.3

Jump to solution
01-30-2019 11:28 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Starting at Pro 2.3, EnableNetworkTopology_un fails when I use the "ONLY_ERRORS" option:

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Unexpected operation

It works just fine without the "ONLY_ERRORS" option.  Then when I disable topology and unregister as versioned, I run into the same problem again.

Has anyone else seen this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

We've addressed this issue and it's currently marked for a 2.3.x release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MarkCederholm

FYI, I'm also seeing the issue with the Naperville dataset.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

We've addressed this issue and it's currently marked for a 2.3.x release.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

It seems to be fixed at 2.3.2.

0 Kudos
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

@Paul LeBlanc - I am having the same issue. Does the newest untools package v2.3.1 help with this? Is that package only the Stage and Asset Package tools?

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

untools will not fix this. You'll need an ArcGIS Pro patch release.

0 Kudos
SamiSnunu
New Contributor III

I've Just upgraded to Pro 2.3.1, and re-ran the Enable Network Topology, (with option Only generate errors checked). still got the same generic Error 999999.

also tried Register As Versioned, and run without the Only generate error option being checked. the tool runs forever at 2% progress without saving any dirty areas errors in the enterprise database.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I've confirmed I still see the bug at 2.3.1 -- I tried rebuilding my Python environment as well, with no difference.

0 Kudos
SamiSnunu
New Contributor III

Also if running the Enable Network Topology using ENABLE_TOPO, it failed due to (ERROR 001992: Dataset must be versioned.) even if the dataset is already been versioned. ArcPro 2.3.1, untools 2.3.1

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Is your database connection (SDE file) connect via branch or traditional?

0 Kudos