Have you seen the new Living Atlas of the World Application?

07-03-2014 09:34 AM
Katie_Decker
Esri Contributor

Living Atlas Application: With this release, a new Living Atlas of the World web app is now available, offering access to all data and also an enhanced user experience. This web app provides an effective way to explore the rich content of the Living Atlas collection.

The Living Atlas of the World is one of many components of ArcGIS with beautiful and authoritative maps on hundreds of topics. It combines reference and thematic maps with many topics relating to people, earth, and life. Explore maps from Esri and thousands of organizations and enrich them with your own data to create new maps and map layers.

For more information see the Living Atlas features overview.

LivingAtlas.jpg

11 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Kathryn:

I am at your beautiful Living Atlas of the World website/gallery and have found content I would like to add to my map in ArcGIS Online.  I am a member of ArcGIS Online for Organizations subscription.  When logged into AGOL, I cannot see how to add Living Atlas content.

For instance, in the Living Atlas I see "USA Permitted Point Source Water Pollution", but in AGOL I tried to find this Living Atlas content via >Add >Search for Layers >ArcGIS Online and >Esri Map Layers - also >Add >Browse Esri Map Layers and I am unable to find this Living Atlas content.

As a member of an ArcGIS Online subscription, what is the best way to discover and use Living Atlas content?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

OK - I found it.  When using >Search for Layers  >In: ArcGIS Online with key words "point source water" no correct search results were returned.  When using keywords NPDES, the "USA Permitted Point Source Water Pollution" service was returned in the results.  Interesting how particular keyword searches can be.

Joe

0 Kudos