Googlesheets CSV auto-update polylines to ESRI Online Maps

02-14-2018 11:20 AM
Labels (2)
EvanMorgan2
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I have been trying to solve this question now for sometime with little luck. I have been able to establish a ESRI online map that auto-updates from a CSV spreadsheet within Google Sheets. The data that is auto-updating is point data with associated tabular data that will change over time, the spatial data will likely remain the same. 

The issue lies in establishing polyline data in a CSV Google sheets file. I associated tabular data with points to test out the process, which has been shown to work. Now I need to have each row in the CSV to have the spatial information to form a polyline, as opposed to the lat and lon, which is required to draw a point in ESRI online.

Is there some sort of Arc tool that can take all the vertexes within a polyline, and establish those as functional lat and lon within a row of a CSV or shapefile field for drawing that polyline within ESRI online. I have seen various coding solutions on the web, which I am not sure would actually address the goal I am trying to achieve. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Evan

0 Kudos
0 Replies