FileGDBException: The user does not have permission to execute the operation.

Jump to solution
11-17-2014 05:08 AM
PrzemyslawTyrtania
New Contributor

I'm getting this error when trying to execute table.Delete(row), the error is thrown on the first row. There are many tables in this file geodatabase so I've tried with different ones for some tables it works and for others it doesn't. These are all standalone tables, no relationships, editor tracking is not on. File geodatabase is generated from a 10.2.2 geodatabase. This table has a few fields and the only field that stands out is Settings which is defined as nvarchar(max) in geodatabase.

Fields:

ObjectID

Name: text 255

Settings: text 1073741822

ModifiedTime: date

Version: Text 255

SettingsType: Text 255

RowCollection rowCollection = table.Search("*", whereClause, RowInstance.Unique);

foreach (Row row in rowCollection)

{

table.Delete(row);

}

0 Kudos
24 Replies
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

The file "FUTURA_SETTINGS" cannot be opened. It throws a "Unable to create object class extension COM Component". This is in the file geodatabase. I haven't tried the SQL Server backup yet.

The File Geodatabase API cannot edit files with an object class extension.

Lance

0 Kudos
PrzemyslawTyrtania
New Contributor

Ok I’ll see if I can remove extensions and reproduce the issue

0 Kudos
PrzemyslawTyrtania
New Contributor

After removing extensions everything works fine. So if you still want to troubleshoot this I can give you a copy of the software but it will be unlicensed but you should be able to install it and extensions should register. Let me know

0 Kudos
PrzemyslawTyrtania
New Contributor

I wanted to add that extensions were the problem, someone had registered these standalone tables with our generic extension and that caused the permissions problem, removing extensions in SDE then creating new fgdb fixed the issue. I don't know if that is a limitation of FGDB, but you should be able to reproduce that without our data

0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

The API only supports simple features. Extensions are not simple data. so this is consistent. Thank you for verify that this was the issue.

0 Kudos