Succesful IMGIS Conference in Frankfurt & what are your needs?

04-12-2024 02:41 AM
LydiaStekkinger
Occasional Contributor

I really enjoyed meeting up with my fellow TSO and DSO colleagues during the IMGIS in Frankfurt this past week! I hope we can continue collaborating in a way that benefits each organization, both the grid operators that are finishing their Utility Network implementation and those that have just started to look into it. You can use this community platform to also share what your organisation needs in terms of improvements. How can Esri help the European TSOs and DSOs to use the Utility Network in a optimal way. What functionality are we still missing? Please let us know in the comments!

frankfurt-skyline.jpg 

2 Replies
JuhaHaanpera
Esri Contributor

The presentations and discussions at the IMGIS event were the absolute highlight of the year. In the European TSO round table discussion, it was suggested that we organize regular meetings for the European TSO electric and gas network organizations also via Teams a couple of times a year. An idea that would be good to implement. I believe that it would be good for TSO organizations to share common challenges and come up with ideas together on how to implement the best possible Electric UNC data model, especially for TSO's needs. In particular, it would be good to get all the TSO electric companies in the Nordic countries at the same table to tell what kind of challenges they have now and in the future regarding the management of the electricity network on the Esri platform. None of them use the UNC data model yet, but it would be good to hear their thoughts on what the data model and functionalities should contain. I know that some of the TSOs are planning to implement the UNC model and need help with a deeper understanding of the data model and possible modification to their needs as well. 

Thank you and see you again next year at the IMGIS event -> https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7184203692768673792

And thank you Lydia for being active and bringing people together.

LydiaStekkinger
Occasional Contributor

Yes, and it was recommended that we decide on a topic for each meeting beforehand (maybe plan 6 months in advance?), so that you can join if it's a topic you and your organization are interested in. If you have suggestions for topics, please also let us know in the comments!