Let's go down memory lane....

07-03-2019 07:19 AM
CarolineGarris
New Contributor III

YPN is celebrating our 5th anniversary this year! We're so excited about where YPN is going, but we want to hear your favorite YPN memory! 

Post it in the comments below!

8 Replies
GregoryChristakos
Esri Contributor

It was great meeting other individuals who were new in their GIS career. Getting to learn about what their goals and interests were (as related to GIS) helped expose me to aspects of the industry and most importantly develop professional connections. The atmosphere of the evening social (during the International User's Conference) made it a very relaxed experience.

DanielSieger
Esri Contributor

I love going to the socials, they're laid back and a great chance to meet new people! Great food, drink, and always fun to meet new people at the Esri UC.

CarlyHerndon
New Contributor

Had a blast at the YPN event at UC 2018! It's a great opportunity to broaden your network. I met lots of other professionals who were relatable and had similar career goals. 

ParkerHornstein
Esri Contributor

YPN events are always my favorite part of Esri conferences. There are always great opportunities to hear from visionaries and leaders in the field with decades and decades of experience, but then having dedicated moments to spend conversing with my peers in YPN is invaluable. GIS is such a small field, getting to know other young professionals early has really helped me grow as a GIS professional.

GregJameson
New Contributor II

My most favorite memory is the very first YPN in 2015, I was able to ask Jack a question and ESRI got a picture of it. This is when my button obsession began! I still keep in contact with many of the GIS pros whom I met that year.

ESRI YPN 2015

CarolineGarris
New Contributor III

What a cool picture, Greg! We're so excited to see you again this year....and we've got a cool button to add to your collection

0 Kudos
AutumnJones
New Contributor

Awesome picture!

0 Kudos
AmeliaBradshaw
Esri Contributor

My favorite YPN memory (so far) has to be going to FedGIS 2019 and attending my first event, a night at the bowling alley in DC. I ended up striking up a conversation with Caroline, who encouraged me to be confident and apply for a job at Esri. Now, I work at Esri and I’m so glad I went to the event and got to know Caroline and a bunch of other amazing Esri employees, student assistants and other YPN members. You never know where one event may take you! 

0 Kudos