Select to view content in your preferred language

What Young Pros can expect at Esri User Conference (UC) 2022

06-29-2022 12:33 PM
RaquelPerez
Esri Contributor
1 6 1,102

g2893442-esri-young-professionals-network-webpage-email-1200x240 (2).png

For the first time in three years, the Esri User Conference will be back in-person. The Esri Young Professionals Network (YPN) team is beyond excited for the chance to catch up with young pros who we have met in the past. We are also eager to meet and welcome new young professionals to our community.

This year has been one of significant growth for Esri YPN and we are thrilled to announce that our new website will go live on July 1, 2022, and will be a one-stop resource-filled site tailored for the best user experience. Filled with resources on certification, mentorship, professional development, training, and more! View the new website here >>

The website will also highlight “Faces of YPN” a series that showcases amazing young pros that are part of our community and are paving the way for the next generation.

YPN Booth Locations
Sunday - Thursday, July 10-14 | SDCC, Grand Lobby
Tuesday - Thursday, July 12-14 | SDCC, Expo Showcase Hall C

Be sure to stop by our two booths so you can meet the YPN team, and we can walk you through all that the website has to offer and our program for the week! 

The Grand Lobby booth will be open from Sunday at noon until Thursday at noon. The Expo Showcase booth will be open from Tuesday at 9:00 am through Thursday at 4:00 pm.

YPN Welcome Social
Sunday, July 10 | 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM | Marriott, Coronado Terrace

To kick off your UC experience come to the YPN Welcome Social on Sunday to enjoy bayside breezes while networking. There will be 7 fireside chats that you can join. A YPN fireside chat is a personal and interactive discussion involving a subject matter expert (SME) from industry, a department, a program, or a topic. Young pros will gain insights and awareness from the discussion and have the ability to ask questions. We will have the following fireside chats: 

Fireside Chats.jpg

•  ArcGIS StoryMaps
  •  Conservation & Environment
  •  GIS in Education
  •  Internship & Recruitment
  •  Mentorship
  •  Student Assistantship
  •  Sustainability Taskforce

YPN Sessions

We have thoughtfully curated two sessions for you to attend, connect with peers, and learn from subject matter experts. 

YPN: Cultivating Curiosity for Career Success
Tuesday, July 12 | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM | SDCC - Room 15 B

Landing a good job requires demonstrating you have the knowledge and skills needed to do the work. But that just gets you hired. Succeeding in your career requires demonstrating you don’t know everything and are eager to learn. Curiosity helps you remain open to new ideas, meet new people, and to find new opportunities to contribute to your organization. Join a discussion with young professionals who embrace curiosity and a growth mindset to get practical tips for cultivating curiosity in your career.

YPN Presents: Finding Your Career Path
Wednesday, July 14 | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM | SDCC - Room 32 A/B

Are you searching for a job that’s perfect for you? Want to make your current work more meaningful? Come join us for a conversation on navigating your personal development, growing your character, and finding your unique path. Together, we’ll challenge the standard approach to job-hunting and seek a better formula for meaningful work.

YPN Evening Social
Wednesday, July 14 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm | Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Level 4, Sapphire Terrace

Join over 1,000+ of your closest friends to enjoy a DJ spinning records, tasty delectable appetizers, and refreshing drinks. This social is meant to be purely a networking event. Finish off the evening with a photo of Jack Dangermond as he circles the pool, shakes hands, and is happy to meet and greet with young pros. 

Pool Party.jpg

AdobeStock_479148690.jpeg
Key Takeaways: 

Have a Plan. Come up with a clear goal(s) for what you want to get out of the conference. Esri UC is full of activities, sessions, and more where there may be lots to do, many to talk to and even more to learn. Create your agenda online.  Don’t overwhelm yourself by trying too hard or doing too much. 

Participate and Speak Up. To make the most of your conference experience sure to participate. Ask questions in sessions, share comments in workshops, and introduce yourself at socials. You are there to learn and share so don’t be shy. 

Network. Meet new people every day! Whether it’s a fellow young pro, an industry subject matter expert (SME) in the industry showcase, someone at your lunch table, a presenter at a session, or someone in line with you.  You never know who you will meet and how it can develop into a career lead or lifelong connection.

We look forward to seeing you at Esri UC!

Connect with us!
Twitter @EsriYPN
LinkedIn Groups Esri Young Professionals Network

6 Comments
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the one-stop for the YPN information, Raquel! As a first time UC attendee, I am looking forward to learning more about the YPN in person next week. In the meantime, do you have a website URL for the new YPN site that launched on the 1st? Thanks!

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User - we are so excited about our new YPN Website which you can visit here: https://www.esri.com/en-us/about/ypn/overview Let us know your thoughts! ❤️ 

RaquelPerez
Esri Contributor

Thanks, @Anonymous User and @RosemaryBoone for sharing our newly redesigned website. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RosemaryBoone, thank you! To you and @RaquelPerez, the site looks incredible!

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User -- While on the awesome new YPN site, did you see Esri Technical Certification? If you did, you may be interest to know that every year they host a UC Giveaway! Best to you at UC -- my best tip is to wear comfortable shoes and have fun!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JRosalesGIS I have seen it, but need to take some time to diver deeper into the Esri Technical Certification. I am a little late to this post to do the UC giveaway, but I had a great time at the UC! My feet are a bit sore from all the walking, but with all of the ideas and content, it was well worth all the steps.

About the Author
I am a Marketing Manager with Esri in Redlands, California. In my previous career, I was a Crime Analyst at the city of Redlands Police Department and used Esri location technology. I completed my Master of Arts in Management at the University of Redlands. I love getting to know people and learning what motivates them. Photography, travel, cars, movies, gardening, and event planning are my passions.