Extraction of the attribute table of the layers with float

06-18-2020 07:55 AM
KushanBellanthudawage
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I will go straight into the question. I am doing my master's research in flood and drought changes assessment in terms of ecological responses such as vegetation indices, land use pattern changes. Hence, I must calculate Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI), Leaf Area Index (LAI), Evapotranspiration (ET), Land surface temperature (LST), Global Vegetation Moisture Index (GVMI), (EWT) equivalent water thickness and show the pattern variations before and after the floods and droughts. However, so far, I have created these layers in the GIS. I tried them with linking the attribute tables with Object IDs in some layers. For example (EVI and ET). Then I realized that number of object IDs in layers are different from one to another.If I am going to link the object IDS most of the data are getting missed as they do not have the same number of object IDs to plot the variations and if I am going to “join” it by the attribute tables, it does not represent the entire river basin that I am working (not a representative approach). Therefore, I would like to know how to generate a representative pattern for my basin avoiding this constraint?

Thank you

Best,

Kushan.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Kushan Bellanthudawage you posted this as a discussion, not a question BTW.

First, if attribute joins aren't working, then try Spatial Join to associate the geometries.

Second, floating point rasters do not have tables, only integer rasters had them.  If you need the data, then you will have to convert floating point to integer (with scaling if your values are small and you need some decimal precision.... multiplying by a factor of 10, prior to integer conversion perhaps)‌

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KushanBellanthudawage
New Contributor

Hello Dr. Petterson,

I appreciate your prompt reply. I got it.

Also, I had another question and I shared it. Can you please provide some solution for that too?.

Best,

Kushan

0 Kudos