Needs Maintence and Unlocked Locks

Jump to solution
01-24-2023 10:15 AM
Labels (1)
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Question...

I see on some of the courses in different learning plans that they say needs maintence. What does that mean? Do we still have access to the course?

I also see a unlocked lock next to some courses. What does that mean?  How does this effect the learning plans?

Thank you!

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We can categorize the Esri training courses into 3 types - Free, Requires Maintenance and Instructor-led training.

While Instructor-led trainings are paid courses, Requires Maintenance Courses are complimentary for the users having Esri software under annual maintenance. This also includes the ArcGIS for Personal/ Student Use licenses.

You are seeing the locks as unlocked because your Esri software license is under annual maintenance period, and Esri Access is enabled for you in My Esri/ ArcGIS Online.

Think Location

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We can categorize the Esri training courses into 3 types - Free, Requires Maintenance and Instructor-led training.

While Instructor-led trainings are paid courses, Requires Maintenance Courses are complimentary for the users having Esri software under annual maintenance. This also includes the ArcGIS for Personal/ Student Use licenses.

You are seeing the locks as unlocked because your Esri software license is under annual maintenance period, and Esri Access is enabled for you in My Esri/ ArcGIS Online.

Think Location