how do I navigate to the ArcGIS\Bin folder on my hard drive and save

Jump to solution
02-04-2020 08:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In Esri learning module: 

GIS for Humanitarian Mine Action: Using Vector Data in ArcMap

We are asked to save a bookmark: In the Save Bookmarks dialog box, if necessary, navigate to the ArcGIS\Bin folder on your hard drive.

I could not find the ArcGIS\Bin folder. Then I found it but it is in the Program files(x86)\Desktop 10.7\bin. When I try to save the folder there I received an error message saying I did not have permission to save in this location

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben, you can actually save the bookmark to any folder you have the ability to save to. The exercise will work just fine. Just remember where you save it so you can easily add it to the map document.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Mwenda Kudumu‌,

Have you got administrator rights on your computer?

It sounds like your not an administrator which is why you can't write to that folder.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer has helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben, you can actually save the bookmark to any folder you have the ability to save to. The exercise will work just fine. Just remember where you save it so you can easily add it to the map document.

0 Kudos