does the traditional versioning replaced with the branch versioning?

01-02-2022 07:49 AM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

dears, I want to know if the branch version is the new version type in ArcGIS Pro which replaced with traditional versioning? 

if yes, so does configuring branch versioning in ArcGIS course (which on ArcPro) well replace the implementing versioned workflows in a multiuser geodatabase (ArcMap) course or no?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To my knowledge, branch versioning is not replacing traditional versioning and can work concurrently in ArcGIS Pro.  But with that said, it is the future for multiuser editing.  Just an FYI - ArcMap does not support branch versioning.  The "Implementing Versioned Workflows in a Multiuser Geodatabase" as well as the "Configuring Branch Versioning in ArcGIS" Instructor Led classes are both taught on ArcGIS Pro.  Depending on the workflows of your organization, registered for either (or both) classes to learn the nuances of versioning.  Hope this helps!

DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

thanks Robert for your reply, but I thinking that Implementing course is taught on ArcMap as ESRI say.

Moelsaket_0-1641386737091.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah - yes, you are correct.  So many of our Instructor Led classes have already been ported over to ArcGIS Pro that I assumed the Versioning class had as well.  My error.  Enjoy the class if you register!

0 Kudos