Does anyone know a good training course to learn SQL for ArcGIS?

05-28-2019 03:20 AM
MariaRoquet_Guàrdia
New Contributor II

I am looking for a training course to give a full coverage on SQL for ArcGIS to work with Server. I haven't found any set courses on the ESRI website so I was wondering if anyone knows of the existence of a course like that, online or not.

5 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Maria Roquet Guàrdia‌,

Did you have a look at this one? SQL reference for query expressions used in ArcGIS—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

It is not a formal training course, I know, but trying to apply the examples on your own data might be insightful.

As with any language, the best way is to learn SQL step-by-step.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

MariaRoquet_Guàrdia
New Contributor II

Thanks, Egge-Jan

I came across this link few days ago but I am need of something more complex so I can use in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio along side data stored in ArcGIS Server. Basically to create triggers, set procedures, etc...

MichaelGreen
Esri Contributor

Hi Maria,

I am not sure if this is relevant but we do have an instructor led course called Deploying and Maintaining a Multiuser Geodatabase.  https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/57630436851d31e02a43f104/deploying-and-maintaining-a-multiuser...

If you go to this link you can take a look at the table of contents to see if the workflows that you will learn apply to the creation of triggers, setting procedures, etc that you need.

If this course is not what you need, let me know and I will have a training consultant reach out to help look for other courses.

Thanks!

MariaRoquet_Guàrdia
New Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer although this course doesn't really teach what I need as it barely touches the aspects I am more interested in (basically creating stored procedures, triggers, etc...)

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos