What's New in 10: The good ship DS Mapbook has sailed; hello Data Driven Pages

08-27-2010 04:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 0 528

Hello, this is Cassandra bringing you another blog post about some new functionality and/or tools that are now available with ArcGIS 10. This time I am here to declare that the good ship DS Map Book has set sail for the last time. Starting at ArcGIS 10, ArcMap now has map book support integrated directly in the application via Data Driven Pages!

For an overview on Data Driven Pages, please have a look at the ArcGIS Desktop Blog topic - Data Driven Pages.

To get started using it, I highly recommend going through the tutorial available right in the ArcGIS 10 Web help, as it sure helped me get a better understanding of all of the new tools and functionality available: Building map books with ArcGIS.

In regards to DS Mapbook and ArcGIS 10, DS Mapbook was built on VB6/VBA, which is no longer supported by Microsoft. Also, at version 10, ArcGIS Desktop no longer installs VB. You will be able to run a separate installation program that requires authorization from Esri's Customer Service to add VBA support to ArcGIS 10 Desktop. For more information on the status of VBA within ArcGIS, see the following Support Services blog post: Farewell to VBA.

Please leave any comments in the comment section below this blog post. NOTE: You must be logged in to your Esri Global Account to leave comments.

- Cassandra L., Desktop Support Analyst, Esri Support Services