Esri Technical Certification Exam

Jump to solution
01-19-2018 09:38 AM
DaveGrolling1
New Contributor III

To anyone who has taken the Associate version of this exam in recent years and focusing on 10.5 - there is an Esri Press book/study guide for this exam and I was wondering if it's still recommended for the 10.5 exam since the book only covers 10.0/10.1? I'm sure a big piece will cover some technologies like Pro and AGOL that may or may not be in the study guide. Would it help or hinder to purchase the study guide for outdated ArcGIS versions?

With that said, is there a book that does a better job at staying current?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dave!  We would not recommend you use the 10/10.1 study guide to prepare for a 10.5 exam as the exam blueprint and subsequently exam objectives have changed quite a bit since then.  We will be releasing a 10.5 version of the guide in late March which should be available for pre-order soon.  Depending on your certification timeline waiting for that may be an option for you.  If you were hoping to achieve your certification sooner than that we would recommend using the skills measured for the 10.5 exam as a checklist and focus on areas where there is a knowledge gap.  You can couple that with the preparation resources PDF to help focus your efforts. Feel free to reach out to our team anytime with questions.  Best of luck in your preparation efforts!  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dave!  We would not recommend you use the 10/10.1 study guide to prepare for a 10.5 exam as the exam blueprint and subsequently exam objectives have changed quite a bit since then.  We will be releasing a 10.5 version of the guide in late March which should be available for pre-order soon.  Depending on your certification timeline waiting for that may be an option for you.  If you were hoping to achieve your certification sooner than that we would recommend using the skills measured for the 10.5 exam as a checklist and focus on areas where there is a knowledge gap.  You can couple that with the preparation resources PDF to help focus your efforts. Feel free to reach out to our team anytime with questions.  Best of luck in your preparation efforts!  

DaveGrolling1
New Contributor III

That's awesome to hear as the guides that I've come across are all based on. 10.0/10.1. I will wait til March for an updated study guide. Thanks for the information.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Esri ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification Study Guide for 10.5 

Publishing in March 2018, e-book available in February 2018

Think Location