Understanding GIS, 3rd Edition - Project files no longer available?

Jump to solution
08-25-2021 03:51 PM
BrendanGinos
New Contributor

Apologies if this has been resolved elsewhere, but I have been unable to find an answer. I recently purchased the book Understanding GIS, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 9781589484832) to brush up on my GIS skills. The book includes a link (esri.com/understanding-gis-3) to download the files required for the project, but that link appears to no longer be valid. Are these files still available for download, and if so how can I access them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Brenden,

I've sent you a message about how to access the materials you are looking for.

Thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LindaDeMasi1
New Contributor

I will be using this book later in the semester for a class.   I just looked and the information is not there.  I am having the same problem with a book The GIS 20:  Essential Skills by Gina Clemmer.

This is odd.  I need this data as soon as possible.  Good luck to you Brendan!  I hope they can answer your questions as it will answer mine as well!

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Brenden,

I've sent you a message about how to access the materials you are looking for.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
LindaDeMasi1
New Contributor

Understanding GIS, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 9781589484832) to brush up on my GIS skills. The book includes a link (esri.com/understanding-gis-3) to download the files required for the project, but that link appears to no longer be valid. Are these files still available for download, and if so how can I access them?

I have the same issue.  Help?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Linda,

Understanding GIS 3rd edition was published in 2017 and so it doesn't reflect the current software version of ArcGIS Pro 2.8. Exercise data for that title is available on an "as is" basis here.

An updated offering of Understanding GIS is expected to be ready later this month. 

TiffanyHall
New Contributor

Thank you for posting this. I didn't realize the data was already deprecated when I purchased this book. It seemed like an odd practice to require the user to download the data, only for ESRI to pull that data after only a few years, leaving the workbook I just purchased useless. I'm glad that is not the case.

0 Kudos