Tutorial data files for David Allen's "GIS Tutorial for Python Scripting" book

Jump to solution
01-04-2022 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
CarlosManrique
New Contributor

Hi, can somebody please share the tutorial data files for the book "GIS Tutorial for Python Scripting" by  David W Allen. The book is from 2014 and I don't understand why the  data files to follow the tutorial are not longer available at the ESRI Press web site. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Carlos,

That book is retired. I highly recommend one of our newer books on that topic instead, Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro or Advanced Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro

Provided on an "as is" basis, since that book uses a version of Python that is no longer current and functionality cannot be assured, you may find the exercise guide here and the exercise data here

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Carlos,

That book is retired. I highly recommend one of our newer books on that topic instead, Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro or Advanced Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro

Provided on an "as is" basis, since that book uses a version of Python that is no longer current and functionality cannot be assured, you may find the exercise guide here and the exercise data here

0 Kudos
CarlosManrique
New Contributor

Hi Craig, thanks for answering. the book is actually this one: 

CarlosManrique_0-1641319600628.png

I already have those two books you are recommending. I just would like to follow some exercises from this book and adapt them into arcgis pro. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

I did some digging and found this, let me know if it works.

0 Kudos