Physical book desk-copies?

Jump to solution
10-28-2021 06:41 AM
GregRybarczyk
New Contributor

Say it ain't so, but is it now impossible to obtain a physical deskcopy ESRI book as an instructor who adopts their books for a class? E-books are really useless, especially if you have severe eye strain from looking at a screen all day as it is. This is hopefully a oversight on my part....  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to Request a Desk Copy from Esri Press - Esri Community

You might need to purchase the print copies of the book(s), since only e-books are free. You should reach out to esripress@esri.com . There is no harm in asking for an exception with a valid justification.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Greg,

I'll send you a solution we can offer for a desk copy.

Students don’t need to purchase print books, they can choose to purchase or rent e-books, which are generally cheaper.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to Request a Desk Copy from Esri Press - Esri Community

You might need to purchase the print copies of the book(s), since only e-books are free. You should reach out to esripress@esri.com . There is no harm in asking for an exception with a valid justification.

Think Location
0 Kudos
GregRybarczyk
New Contributor

Just so I am clear, both instructors AND students need to purchase ESRI hardcopy books? I think this raises both ethical and equity concerns? 

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Greg,

I'll send you a solution we can offer for a desk copy.

Students don’t need to purchase print books, they can choose to purchase or rent e-books, which are generally cheaper.

0 Kudos